Sodium bicarbonate, commonly known as baking soda, can do some major things! Its great powers come from its pH, which stands for “potential (or power) of hydrogen” to make something either an acid or a base. This ingredient is extremely versatile, and it has
Personal care uses: make toothpaste, freshen your mouth, soak oral appliance, use as facial scrub, make a hand cleanser, skip harsh deodorant, help your hair, clean your brushes and combs, make a bath soak, soak your feet, and more.
Cleaning with baking soda: handwash dishes, freshen sponges, clean the microwave, clean furniture, clean floors, clean the oven, polish silver flatware, clean baby clothes, remove oil and stains, clean batteries, and more.
Deodorizing with baking soda: deodorize your fridge, deodorize your cutting board, deodorize recyclables, deodorize drains, deodorize lunch boxes, remove odor from carpets, deodorize pet bedding, deodorize shoes, freshen linens, etc.
According to Dr.Axe:
“Baking soda uses are plentiful, to say the least. Many of us think of baking soda as just an ingredient for baking or something that helps to keep our refrigerators odor-free, but baking soda is incredibly good for your health and your entire home, too! If you haven’t used baking soda for cleaning, get ready to be pretty amazed. Baking soda beauty uses? Yes, there are many!
Baking soda has been used since ancient times as a deodorizer, soother, and cleanser. Baking soda uses range from basic daily hygiene (think toothpaste and shampoo) to baking soda health benefits.”
Some of the most common uses of baking soda for health include:
- Antifungal and anti-bacterial
- Helps with digestive issues like acid reflux and heartburn
- Improves kidney health
- Relieve urinary tract infections
- Reduce muscle pain
- Alleviate chemotherapy side effects
Read on to learn how to use this miraculous ingredient as a natural remedy:
- Drink a glass of water with a teaspoon of baking soda to alleviate muscle and joint pain
- Mix a couple of teaspoons of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it daily to prevent/ treat stomachache and reduce the symptoms of ulcers
- Drink a glass of warm water with half a teaspoon of baking soda and two tablespoons of lemon juice to alkalize the body
- Drink 250 ml of lemon juice with a teaspoon of baking soda to fight urinary tract infection
- Drink ½ cup of water with ½ teaspoon of baking soda to relieve heartburn
- Gargle with a solution made of water and baking soda to eliminate bad breath
- Make a paste out of little bit of water and baking soda to treat canker sores
- Rub a mixture of baking soda and water on the skin to exfoliate and soften
- Soak the feet in a solution of water, sea salt, baking soda, and peppermint oil to fight fungal infections
- Massage the scalp with baking soda to fight dandruff