Western medicine is extremely advanced these days, but the effects of alternative medicine cannot be by any means denied or taken for granted.
Alternative medicine is completely safe, unlike traditional medications. Even though doctors will prescribe you a therapy to address the issue, practicing an alternative treatment will enhance the effects.
The natural pain relief treatment below has long been used by people from the Middle East, and for a good reason. It is based on reflexology, a principle that the foot has ‘reflex’ points that correspond to the various structures and organs throughout the body. The same goes for the palms, which are also centers of countless points which are associated with various body parts and organs.
According to the licensed acupuncturist and reflexologist Drake Ewing, MS, LAc, adjunct faculty at Bastyr University in Seattle:
“The pressure applied during reflexology is meant to facilitate a physiological response in the body. Reflexology is a type of health care that has been used for thousands of years.”
According to experts, the feet contain over 7,000 nerve endings. This amazing practice of reflexology may stimulate these nerve endings as well as the central nervous system, which in turn interrupts the way you feel pain.
First and foremost, you need to determine the location of these pressure points and which organ they are connected to. Then, press the point for 5 seconds, release 3 seconds, and repeat for a couple of minutes.
Repeat the method two times a day, and the effects will be amazing!
Step By Step Method For Reflexology
- Use a natural lotion or cream to soften the skin on the hands. But, make sure it isn’t too oily or slippery.
- Use a reflexology chart to determine the points which correspond to your symptoms.
- Massage the area for 6 seconds then take a 3-second pause.
- Continue by applying pressure for a couple of minutes. Press strongly to activate the reflexology point and relieve the pain.
- Using the thumb, put light pressure for 5-seconds then rotate in the same motion the opposite direction.
- Move to the next relevant pressure point.
- Follow the same steps for each pressure point.
- After the session, drink plenty of water and relax for half an hour.
- Practicing acupressure on a daily basis can significantly improve your symptoms and boost your overall health