Tea has been around for thousands of years, forming major parts of trade routes and ceremonies. However, it isn’t only praised for its great taste and appeal, but it also offers a wide range of health benefits. Green tea is particularly beneficial, and its anti-inflammatory and healing properties are enhanced when combined with cinnamon and turmeric. Read on to learn more about the health benefits of each of them, respectively.
Cinnamon is a spice obtained from the inner bark of trees known as Cinnamomum. It has long been used as a flavoring additive in various cuisines. The most important thing regarding cinnamon is that it is at #1 for its medicinal benefits among 26 popular herbs and spices. Some of its key benefits include improving heart health, boosting immunity, improving brain function, fighting allergies, fighting diabetes, and lowering cancer risk. It is a great source of calcium, manganese, antioxidants, and anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties.
Turmeric powder has a bitter, black-pepper-like flavor and mustard-like aroma. It has long been used for medicinal purposes, and for a good reason. It provides countless benefits, such as reducing inflammation, improving digestion, promoting brain and heart health, relieving arthritis symptoms, and reducing cancer risk.
Green tea is known to provide a wide plethora of health benefits, most of which are attributed to its high polyphenol content, a powerful antioxidant. Due to its ability to neutralize cell-damaging molecules, green tea helps to improve cognitive function, support weight loss, improve liver health, reduce inflammation in the gut associated with diseases like Crohn`s or IBS, lower bad cholesterol levels, reduce inflammation, and lower heart disease risk.
Cinnamon Turmeric Iced Tea
You will need:
- 1-2 tablespoons of green tea
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice (honey or stevia)
- Optional: lemon slices
How to make it:
- Add the green tea, cinnamon, turmeric, and sweetener of choice to a French press. (In case you use a tea bag, simply heat up a cup of water, add the tea bag, steep for a couple of minutes, and add the rest of the ingredients)
- Add hot water to the French press and let steep for up to five minutes. Press and let the mixture cool off.
- When cooled off, pour the tea in a mug and drink up right away. Add a lemon slice, if desired.