When inflammation affects sinus membrane or tissue, unpleasant symptoms like pain, fever, thick mucus, and headache strike. This condition is known as sinusitis. It can be either chronic or acute, and it is typically triggered by viruses, allergens, pollutants, fungi, and bacteria.
Here are the most common symptoms of sinusitis:
- Stuffy/runny nose
- Bad breath
- Pain, pressure and postnasal drip in the area around the eyes
- Sore throat
- Sensitive teeth/Toothache
- Swellings in the facial area
At the appearance of the first symptoms, people usually make their way to the doctor`s office and get prescribed some antibiotics to address the condition. However, these antibiotics often come hand in hand with unpleasant side-effects.
Instead of reaching for over-the-counter solutions or prescribed drugs, try some natural remedies which are equally effective and much safer. They work wonders when it comes to eliminating viruses and bacteria which are trapped in the air space between the forehead, eyes, and cheeks.
Apple cider vinegar, for instance, is known for its healing abilities, and people have long used it as one of the most potent natural remedies for sinusitis. It has the ability to break up the mucus and clean the
Cayenne pepper is packed with capsaicin, an all-natural and potent painkiller which clears nasal congestion. So, you can just imagine the effects of the ACV- cayenne pepper combo!
This natural remedy is extremely effective at relieving facial pain, reducing inflammation, improving blood circulation, and soothing the symptoms of sinusitis.
- A glass of lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Juice from one lemon
- A sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- A teaspoon of raw, organic honey
Mix the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and cayenne pepper, and then add them mixture to the water. Ultimately, stir in the honey to sweeten the mixture.
Consume the mixture two times daily to relieve the nasty symptoms. Alternatively, you can use it is gargle for a couple of days.
Additional Tips on How to Treat Sinusitis
Here are some other natural ways that can help you treat the sinusitis condition:
- To loosen up the mucus and moisten the sinuses, use hot water vapor.
- Use a humidifier to keep the air most.
- Stay hydrated all the time, so that the sinuses stay moist.
- Protect yourself from nasal allergies by putting air filters in your home.
- Take bromelain supplements to reduce the swelling in the nasal passages.
- Use warm compresses.
- Eat more spicy foods to open your nasal passages.
- Use sprays and saline washes to flush the nasal passages.