When done properly, that is to say, in a safe and controlled environment, detox is the best way to cleanse the body and keep it healthy. If you are not convinced yet, check out the top benefits of detoxification and the reasons why you should try it out!
- Removes toxins from the body, which affect the metabolism and immune system, and lead to disease.
- Prevents chronic disease like stroke, cancer, neurological diseases and heart disease
- Enhances immune system function (regular detoxing strengthens the immune system and combats infections
- Promotes healthy weight loss as toxins affect body’s natural ability to burn fat
- Slows down premature aging
- Boosts energy levels in an all-natural way
- Improves skin quality and strengthens hair and nails
- Promotes mental and emotional clarity
- Restores balance to our body’s systems
- Improves quality of life
Here is how to make a detox foot soak at home to remove toxic build up from the system and support overall health:
You will need:
- 10 drops castor oil
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons Epsom salt
- 5-6 liters water
- Pour the water in a bowl
- Add the castor oil, Epsom salt and baking soda
- Mix the ingredients well
- Soak the feet for 20-30 minutes
- Wipe the feet off when done
How it works?
Castor oil: Castor oil is packed with minerals, vitamin E and unsaturated fatty acids, all of which make it great for comforting the feet. In addition, castor oil has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that help treat athlete`s foot naturally.
Baking soda: Baking soda is ideal for eliminating toxins fast and effectively. Besides eliminating toxic buildup, it kills foot odor and treats sore feet.
When it comes to baking soda, it is worth noting that it shouldn’t be used internally by pregnant and lactating women as well as children younger than 5. Potential side effects of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) include:
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Frequent headaches
- Difficulty breathing
- Frequent loss of appetite
- Mood changes
- Muscle pain and/or twitching
- Nervousness or restlessness
Epsom salt: Distilled from mineral-dense water, this salt is widely used as wellness and beauty product. More importantly, it is praised for its healing properties and an ability to treat sore muscles, arthritis, skin disorders, and joint pain. It has been scientifically shown that it possesses strong anti-fungal and antibacterial properties.
Water: Last but not least, no detox routine would be complete without water. When used internally, it hydrates the body and provides a wide range of benefits that improve overall health. When used externally (such as when soaking the feet), it hydrates the skin and opens up the pores.