Zucchini is abundant in nutrients, particularly in fiber, which keeps you regular and lowers the risk of problems like constipation, hemorrhoids, and even colon cancer. It contains a flavonoid which combats free radicals, which helps keep cancer at bay.
According to one study, regular consumption of zucchini and foods like cabbage and avocados led to a lower risk of mouth, throat, and stomach cancers. Some of the key benefits of these foods include improved digestion, improved eye health, diabetes prevention, improved heart health, anti-inflammatory properties, and more.
Most people are already fully aware of zucchini`s health benefits, so they use it as part of their daily diet. But, what about baking with zucchini? Here are some of the reasons why you should try it:
- Very filling!
- Adds extra moisture to your recipes
- Boosts your fiber intake
- Helps you add more veggies to your diet
- Relatively low in calories!
Chocolate Zucchini Loaf Recipe
This extremely satisfying recipe makes a great snack for any time of the day! Check it out:
- 1 cup zucchini shredded then squeezed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Cup Chocolate hazelnut butter blend
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Mix the maple syrup, hazelnut butter, vanilla, and sea salt
- Add the apple cider vinegar and baking soda, mix
- Add shredded zucchini
- Scoop into loaf pan and bake for 35-50 minutes
- Set aside and allow it cool
Delicious Ways to Use Zucchini in Your Diet
- Top a frozen pizza with sliced zucchini and bake
- Cook sliced zucchini with peppers and onions
- Add zucchini to stir-fries (add them during the last five minutes of cooking)
- Make a zucchini salad with ricotta and lemon
- Pure a small zucchini with avocado, vinegar, and olive oil!
- Make a lean burger with meat like chicken or turkey and add grated zucchini to add moisture
- Add a piece of zucchini to your favorite smoothie
- Add zucchini to your fav pesto recipe!
- Add a cup of grated zucchini to your meatballs to make them moister
- Make your own chocolate zucchini brownies
- Make tasty lasagna by using zucchini in the place of noodles!