A.A. Milne’s Winnie-the-Pooh first appeared in a book of short stories, set in the Ashdown Forest, 86 years before Seth MacFarlane’s Ted (2012) seized Hollywood!
Pooh and Christopher Robin are not alone in their adventures. They are accompanied by Kanga, Roo, Tigger, Rabbit, Eeyore, and Piglet. And, virtually everyone in the world is familiar with these!
The best thing about these stories is that each time you read it you discover a new meaning. Amazingly, a book that was initially written for children has attracted millions of adults worldwide.
Here are 23 Winne-The Pooh quotes that will definitely make you think about the true meaning of love and friendship.
- “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “I’m not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “But it isn’t easy,” said Pooh. “Because poetry and hums aren’t things which you get, they’re things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit…” – Winnie the Pooh
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Just because an animal is large, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo.” – Winnie the Pooh
- Piglet: “How do you spell ‘love’?” Pooh: “You don’t spell it…you feel it.” -Winnie the Pooh
- “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “It’s so much more friendly with two.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Love is taking a few steps backward maybe even more…to give way to the happiness of the person you love.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “I was walking along looking for somebody, and then suddenly I wasn’t anymore.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Sometimes, said Pooh, the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “What day is it?” “It’s today,” squeaked Piglet. “My favorite day,” said Pooh. – Winnie the Pooh
- “Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it? ” Supposing it didn’t,” said Pooh after careful thought. Piglet was comforted by this. – Winnie the Pooh
- “Rabbit’s clever,” said Pooh thoughtfully.
“Yes,” said Piglet, “Rabbit’s clever.”
“And he has Brain.”
“Yes,” said Piglet, “Rabbit has Brain.”
There was a long silence. “I suppose,” said Pooh,
“that’s why he never understands anything.” – Winnie the Pooh