It’s a fact: positive thoughts lead to positive outcomes! They can improve cognitive function, boost your mood, and even increase the likelihood of success.
Sometimes, you may need a little push as happy thinking is easier said than done. This is where positivity quotes step in!
33 Positivity Quotes About Being Happy (When You’re Not)
- “IF IT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU, YOU WILL FIND A WAY. IF NOT, YOU WILL FIND AN EXCUSE.”
Happiness is a choice. In other words, if you really want it, you will find a way to get it.
- “KEEP CALM AND BE CRAZY, LAUGH, LOVE, AND LIVE IT UP BECAUSE THIS IS THE OLDEST YOU’VE BEEN AND THE YOUNGEST YOU’LL EVER BE AGAIN.”
Enjoy it while you can!
- “A PROBLEM IS A CHANCE FOR YOU TO DO YOUR BEST.”– DUKE ELLINGTON
When faced with a problem, don’t get upset with it. What you should do instead is to increase your experience, intelligence, and knowledge.
- “NOW AND THEN IT’S GOOD TO PAUSE IN OUR PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS AND JUST BE HAPPY.”
– GUILLAUME APOLLINAIRE
It is good to stop now and then and smell the roses.
- “SO DO IT. DECIDE. IS THIS THE LIFE YOU WANT TO LIVE? IS THIS THE PERSON YOU WANT TO LOVE? AND IS THIS THE BEST YOU CAN BE? CAN YOU BE STRONGER? KINDER? MORE COMPASSIONATE? DECIDE. BREATHE IN. BREATHE OUT AND DECIDE.”
– GREY’S ANATOMY
What kind of life you want for yourself? It is up to you, no one else can decide for you.
- “HAPPINESS COMES IN WAVES. IT’LL FIND YOU AGAIN.”– ANONYMOUS
Nothing lasts forever, including pain, negativity, and sadness.
- “HAPPINESS IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF PROBLEMS. IT’S THE ABILITY TO DEAL WITH THEM.”– STEVE MARABOLI
Perfection doesn’t exist. No one has a perfect life. Everyone deals with conflict and pain. How are you going to deal with them?
- “SOMETIMES LIFE DOESN’T GIVE YOU SOMETHING YOU WANT, NOT BECAUSE YOU DON’T DESERVE IT, BUT BECAUSE YOU DESERVE MORE.”– ANONYMOUS
Sometimes good luck comes in disguise.
- “YOU CAN, YOU SHOULD, AND IF YOU’RE BRAVE ENOUGH TO START, YOU WILL.”– STEPHEN KING
If you want it, do it. Simple as that!
- “IT ALWAYS SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE UNTIL IT’S DONE.”– NELSON MANDELA
It seems too great to be overcome until you have put your feet on the floor.
- “THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO LIVE YOUR LIFE. ONE IS AS THOUGH NOTHING IS A MIRACLE. THE OTHER IS AS THOUGH EVERYTHING IS A MIRACLE.”– ALBERT EINSTEIN
It is you who has control over your view on the world. If you want the glass to be half-empty, so it will be.
- “THE BEST WAY TO CHEER YOURSELF IS TO TRY TO CHEER SOMEONE ELSE UP.”– MARK TWAIN
Good deeds lead to cheerful life and happy hearts.
- “WHAT THE CATERPILLAR CALLS THE END OF THE WORLD, THE MASTER CALLS A BUTTERFLY.”– RICHARD BACH
Transformation isn’t always easy and painless. But, the result is beautiful!
- “MAN IS FOND OF COUNTING HIS TROUBLES, BUT HE DOES NOT COUNT HIS JOYS. IF HE COUNTED THEM UP AS HE OUGHT TO, HE WOULD SEE THAT EVERY LOT HAS ENOUGH HAPPINESS PROVIDED FOR IT.”– FYODOR DOSTOEVSKY
Start making a list of both triumphs and troubles.
- “MY MISSION IN LIFE IS NOT MERELY TO SURVIVE, BUT TO THRIVE; AND TO DO SO WITH SOME PASSION, SOME COMPASSION, SOME HUMOR, AND SOME STYLE.”– MAYA ANGELOU
Simple as that!
- “SOMETIMES WHEN THINGS ARE FALLING APART THEY MAY ACTUALLY BE FALLING INTO PLACE.”– ANONYMOUS
No matter how difficult it seems, just keep walking.
- “I LIKE LIVING. I HAVE SOMETIMES BEEN WILDLY, DESPAIRINGLY, ACUTELY MISERABLE, RACKED WITH SORROW, BUT THROUGH IT ALL I STILL KNOW THAT JUST TO BE ALIVE IS A GRAND THING.”– AGATHA CHRISTIE
This one speaks for itself.
- “I SKATE TO WHERE THE PUCK IS GOING TO BE, NOT WHERE IT HAS BEEN.”– WAYNE GRETZKY
Always focus on the future instead of the past.
- “WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN OBSTACLE AND AN OPPORTUNITY? OUR ATTITUDE TOWARD IT. EVERY OPPORTUNITY HAS A DIFFICULTY, AND EVERY DIFFICULTY HAS AN OPPORTUNITY.”– J. SIDLOW BAXTER
Make sure your mindset is always positive.
- ONCE WE MAKE OUR DECISION, ALL THINGS WILL COME TO US. AUSPICIOUS SIGNS ARE NOT A SUPERSTITION, BUT A CONFIRMATION. THEY ARE A RESPONSE.”
- “IF YOU AREN’T GRATEFUL FOR WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU WOULD BE HAPPY WITH MORE?”– ROY T. BENNETT
Developing a gratitude habit is one of the best things you can do for your mental health.
- “HAPPY PEOPLE PLAN ACTIONS. THEY DON’T PLAN RESULTS.”– DENNIS WHOLEY
Simply take the chance and roll the dice.
- “THEY SAY THAT A PERSON NEEDS JUST THREE THINGS TO BE TRULY HAPPY IN THIS WORLD: SOMEONE TO LOVE, SOMETHING TO DO AND SOMETHING TO HOPE FOR.”– TOM BODETT
Do have these three things? If not, how can you achieve them?
- “YOU CANNOT PROTECT YOURSELF FROM SADNESS WITHOUT PROTECTING YOURSELF FROM HAPPINESS.”– JONATHAN SAFRAN FOER
If you have been hurt, feel free to take some time to heal.
- “DO IT WITH ENTHUSIASM OR NOT AT ALL.”– ANONYMOUS
Being enthusiastic helps you produce happy-making hormones and boost self-esteem.
- “ALTHOUGH THE WORLD IS FULL OF SUFFERING, IT IS ALSO FULL OF THE OVERCOMING OF IT.”– HELEN KELLER
It someone knows how to make the best of a bad situation, it`s Hellen Keller.
- “A PERSON WHO NEVER MADE A MISTAKE NEVER TRIED ANYTHING NEW.”– ALBERT EINSTEIN
Don’t look at a failure as a terrible thing, but as a lesson instead. You found a way that didn’t work and equipped yourself with experience.
- “TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OF YOUR OWN HAPPINESS. NEVER PUT IT IN OTHER PEOPLE’S HANDS.”– ROY T. BENNETT
Quite a realistic quote, isn’t it?
- “IT’S ENTIRELY POSSIBLE THAT THE BEST DAYS OF YOUR LIFE HAVE YET TO COME.”– ANONYMOUS
True! You may never know.
- THE WAY I SEE IT, IF YOU WANT THE RAINBOW, YOU GOTTA PUT UP WITH THE RAIN.”– DOLLY PARTON
This quite is still popular these days because of its simplicity and wisdom.
- “ONE OF THE MOST TRAGIC THINGS I KNOW ABOUT HUMAN NATURE IS THAT ALL OF US TEND TO PUT OFF LIVING. WE ARE ALL DREAMING OF SOME MAGICAL ROSE GARDEN OVER THE HORIZON INSTEAD OF ENJOYING THE ROSES BLOOMING OUTSIDE OUR WINDOWS TODAY.”– DALE CARNEGIE
Dreaming about a better life is not a bad thing, but you should be careful not to let these fantasies consume you.
- “FOLKS ARE USUALLY ABOUT AS HAPPY AS THEY MAKE THEIR MINDS UP TO BE.”– ABRAHAM LINCOLN
Happiness is a choice. You simple have to choose it.
- “AN ARROW CAN ONLY BE SHOT BY PULLING IT BACKWARD. SO WHEN LIFE IS DRAGGING YOU BACK WITH DIFFICULTIES, IT MEANS THAT IT’S GOING TO LAUNCH YOU INTO SOMETHING GREAT.”– PAULO COELHO
Instead of being disappointed because of your troubles, view them as starting point for the future.