“You have to love yourself before you can expect someone else to love you,” is a phrase that you have probably heard countless times. We are here to tell that this rule is really true! Self-love is critical for creating any sustainable and healthy relationship with another person.
Also, if you want to give love to others, you must give it to yourself first. The base of your reality begins from within!
Why we don’t show ourselves?
We often forget to take care of ourselves, making up excuses and neglecting the issue. So, why do we ignore our own needs?
- We are too busy: Career. Kids. Aging parents? We often tend to put others before ourselves. But, how can we look after our loved ones if we don’t care for our own need first?
- No extra money: This isn’t a valid excuse, though. Something as simple as taking a long walk, enjoying a hot bath, or reading a good book can be helpful.
- Feeling undeserving: Oftentimes we are our own biggest critics. While we know we set goals which are difficult to achieve, we are hard on ourselves when we fail to reach them. For instance, you may set a goal for losing five pounds by the end of the week. When that day comes, you beat yourself up, which leads to a feeling of being undeserving.
10 Simple Ways To Show Yourself Love
- Do something you really love
- Celebrate your strengths
- Accept compliments, especially from yourself
- Say “no” to someone else and “yes” to yourself
- Ask for or accept help
- Stop putting yourself down…rise yourself up
- Allow yourself time to relax and unwind
- Release worry, guilt, and fear. ALL IS WELL
- SMILE MORE!
- Tell yourself (in the mirror) “I love you”
Remember, you are the most important person in your entire universe! Your entire life is lived through your own eyes. Your interactions with others, your thoughts, and how you interpret words, actions, relationships, and events.
You may be just another person to the world, but when it comes to your understanding of reality, you are the only one that matters. And because of that, your reality depends on how much you love yourself.